The 5 "Ps" of Christmas Style!
This week's blog is all about what you're going to wear over the festive season and being the best version of you! I'm not going to tell you what exactly to wear because each of us has our own individual style and the things we absolutely love to wear. What I am going to talk about is the 5 Ps of Christmas style and how you can achieve the look you want with the minimum of stress and fuss. Ready? Well here goes!
1. Prior Knowledge. This is a really important component of getting your Christmas style right. This is where we build on what you already know to help create the look you want. While you might not know all the events you'll be going to at Christmas you can probably guesstimate what they will be - family Christmas dinner, church on Christmas morning - and you know the type of clothes that are usually worn to these events. You might be having a themed lunch on Christmas Day, perhaps a Hawaiian Christmas or "Wear your tackiest Christmas jumper" theme? Whatever it is will certainly help to guide what you'll wear. If you've got no prior knowledge on the dress requirements then ask, it will help avoid that uncomfortable feeling of being the only one in formal dress while everyone else is in jeans and sneakers.
2. Planning. Once you've got an idea of the type of events you're going to and the dress requirements, you can start planning what you'll wear. Start off with your current wardrobe, see what you can use, what fits in with the themes and what you'll have to buy/borrow/make to complete your look. Don't forget to look at your shoes, accessories and handbags too as we're planning the whole look, not just the clothes!
Photograph by marijanat on Pixabay
3. Practice. This is where the fun begins. Try on your outfits, a little bit of this goes with this goes with that! See what works, what doesn't, what needs tweaking and go from there. It's really important to try on the whole outfit to see exactly how you'll present yourself at the event. Once you've settled on a look, write it down, every piece, so you can easily replicate it on the day. A little bit of practice trying on your clothes will eliminate the elements of stress, frustration and you screaming "I've got nothing to wear!" before your next event!
4. Preparation. This is another really important part of getting your style right. Once you've settled on your outfit and made sure everything is clean, repaired (if needed) and good to go, lay out your outfit including shoes, handbag, jewellery, accessories and underwear, so you can get dressed easily before your function. It's also a good idea to do the same thing with your perfume and makeup that you're wearing. The goal is fuss-free, stress-free so you can go to your event calm and ready to have fun!
Photograph by annca on Pixabay
5. Put it into action. Finally, the big event is here and you can put all your hard work into action. Make sure you take time to enjoy the journey of getting ready. Have a warm shower, wash and style your hair, maybe accompany your preparations with a nice cold glass of bubbly? Enjoy the experience. Get dressed knowing that you look great and will be suitably attired. Now, the last thing before you leave the house is to put on your best smile and have the time of your life!
Til next time